(UPI) # U.S. officials say the Palestinian Authority is blocking its investigation of an attack on a U.S. embassy convoy, World Tribune.com reported Tuesday. Officials said the PA failed to provide FBI investigators with sufficient access to the bombing site where three U.S. security agents were killed. Furthermore, PA authorities allegedly allowed pedestrians to enter the scene of the attack and destroy evidence.
So far, the PA has arrested eight suspects from the Jabalya refugee camp, near where the attack took place, Middle East Newsline reported. The suspects were said to have been members of the Popular Resistance Committee, which took responsibility for the bombing Wednesday, as well as the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
The United States remains dissatisfied with security cooperation of the Palestinian Authority and has banned visits by U.S. officials to the Gaza Strip based on the failure to cooperate with the investigation.